July 7-12, 2019, West Palm Beach, Florida
This FASEB Science Research Conference (SRC) is the fourth since its launch in 2012. It is the only meeting of its kind related to the study of the regulation and actions of GH/PRL and their associated hormones, which include IGF1, placental lactogens, and vasoinhibins.
This conference brings together senior clinicians and basic scientists, industry representatives, early career investigators, and trainees interested in multiple aspect of GH/PRL regulation and function in health and disease. Participants will be able to engage in meaningful, in-depth discussion on the integrative (patho)physiology of these hormones, and cross-foster national and international collaborations. Additionally, trainees and young investigators will be encouraged to continue to pursue a career path in biomedical research.
The main themes of this conference are to: 1) Explore the central and systemic regulation of GH/PRL production under various (patho)physiologic conditions; 2) Identify the receptors and intracellular signal transduction pathways important for GH/PRL regulation of cell-specific function; 3) Discuss the potential to target GH/PRL production and actions to develop novel diagnostics tools and therapeutics to improve human health.
Eight conference sessions will present the latest research findings, and promote engaging discussion and debate, on:
- GH/PRL downstream intracellular signaling and gene expression
- Translation of GH/PRL into novel therapies: from bench to bedside
- GH/PRL regulation of metabolic function (obesity/diabetes/NAFLD)
- Regulation of somatotrope/lactotrope function and tumorigenesis
- Neuronal connections controlling and responding to GH/PRL
- GH/PRL in maintaining control of life’s essential rhythms
- GH/PRL in cancer
- GH/PRL in growth/bone/immune function